We are happy to offer the convenience of online registration and payment with credit cards through PayPal. A PayPal account is not required, but can be used in lieu of a credit card. Participants in all Quad Cities Chapter golf events, leagues, educational opportunities, or social functions (that require pre-registration, whether or not a fee is involved), must use the online registration and payment process offered to our Chapter members and non-member guests. Registrations must be completed by the stated registration deadline for each activity. When there are extenuating circumstances, such as a member’s inability to register online, with sufficient notice, the event coordinator may make an exception. In these instances, payment and submission of a registration request must be received by the event coordinator by the stated registration deadline.
Please note: Any service fees PayPal charges us for unexpected transactions, such as reversal of payment from your credit card company, will be charged back to the member.
Non-Member Guest Participation Policy:
Non-member guests are invited to participate in Quad Cities Chapter activities as detailed in each category below. Non-member guests may be charged a higher fee than members at these events. A non-member guest may not participate in more than three (3) Chapter events in the same calendar year, excluding social events. Guests are required to join LPGA Women Who Play in order to attend additional events during the year. The Chapter guest policy applies to men and women equally. Golf Events:
Non-member guests are welcome to participate, if there is availability, at a slightly higher rate than members. Leagues
: League play is open to LPGA Women Who Play members only. However, participation by non-members on the couples/pairs league is acceptable. For the duration of the league it will count as one of the three allowed events for non-members. Educational Clinics and Programs
: Educational and Player Development Activities are open to non-members at a higher fee. The opportunity to become a member of the Chapter will be offered at a $20 reduction in the membership fee to non-members who participate in the New Golfer Series. Non-Golf Functions
: Non-member guests are welcome to attend those social functions that are not restricted to members only. Any subsidies for an event approved by the Board will not apply to non-member guests.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Golf Events, Golf Education, Social Functions:
- A registrant who must cancel her registration and seeks a refund must contact the event coordinator no later than the stated registration deadline to receive the refund. The Chapter will return payment to the registrant in the form of a credit card refund.
- If cancellation notification cannot be made prior to the registration deadline, a replacement participant may attend on her behalf. The replacement must notify the officials at the check-in table the name of the person for whom she is a substitute. Replacement participants must be eligible for the same registration fee or pay the difference at check-in. If no replacement can be found, and the event coordinator has no one available to take her place, no refund can be made.
- If an exception to the online registration policy has been made and the coordinator has agreed that the registrant may pay by cash or check on the day of the event, and the registrant cancels on short notice or is a “no show”, that person is still financially liable for the registration fee. The Chapter Treasurer will contact the individual and request payment.
- This policy applies to both members and non-member guests.
Cancellation Policy (Due to unsafe weather) & Rain Checks:
- No refunds will be given for pre-paid golf leagues once the number and payment has been provided to the golf course. If the league member cannot play, it will be her responsibility to find a substitute. The League Captain will provide a list of possible substitutes. Subs must be LPGA Women Who Play members and will pay a $10 sub fee upon arrival at the course. The $10 sub fee is paid to the League Captain, not the golf course.
- If a paid league member finds that she will be unable to participate for the rest of the season, or a portion of it, she may make arrangements with another Quad Cities Chapter member to assume her participation on the league. An arrangement for the replacement to reimburse the original league member for the remaining weeks of the league is entirely between those two individuals and not a function of the League Captain or the Chapter Treasurer. The League Captain must be advised of this action prior to the replacement taking over the spot.
During a Chapter golf event, after play has commenced, cash refunds will be given only if the golf course agrees to refund the Chapter. Rain checks may be issued by the course to be used at a later date by the golfer, independent of an LPGA Women Who Play Quad Cities event. This is an individual golf course policy.
Member/Sponsors Complimentary Exhibit Booth at Kick Off Event:
Members of the Quad Cities Chapter, who are also Chapter Sponsors, may host an exhibit booth at the annual Kick Off Event to feature their sponsored business. The cost of the exhibit booth will be waived, but registration and payment for the optional food offering is required. Contact the Events and Activities Director to obtain a registration form to reserve an exhibit booth.
The leagues offered by the Quad Cities Chapter are either paid in advance at registration, or they are “pay-as-you-go” leagues, meaning you pay at the course only when you play. Members who register to play on a league that has paid in advance have more “skin in the game” and the incentive to play regularly. Unfortunately, the pay-as-you-go leagues don’t seem to enjoy the same level of commitment from some league members. Like the paid in advance leagues, when you register to play on a pay-as-you-go league, you are indeed asking to be a regular member of the league. Our golf courses reserve the number of tee times that we tell them we will need, but when league members decide not to play, the number of tee times required may need to be adjusted. It is extremely important that we notify the golf course in a timely fashion to reduce the number of tee times so the course is able to use those tee times for other golfers. If we don’t cancel unneeded tee times, we are doing them a disservice and they lose revenue. Each Captain of the pay-as-you-go leagues will establish notification procedures for that league’s members to report their plans to play or not play so she can make adjustments to the number of tee times required. We ask that all league members faithfully follow the procedures for notification that the League Captains establish.
When a current member of the Quad Cities Chapter, LPGA Women Who Play, passes away, a cash memorial may be donated to a charitable cause that would be in consonance with the deceased member’s wishes or as indicated by the family. Determination will be on a case-by-case basis; may be done if Chapter finances are sound; and the following qualifying criteria are met:
· The deceased was a current member in good standing at the time of her death;
· She had served a minimum of two years as a member of the Chapter Board of Directors and/or served in a leadership capacity at the Association level;
· Was a respected leader in the Quad Cities LPGA Women Who Play community.
The amount of the donation will be a decision made by the Chapter Board of Directors in office at the time of the death but must not exceed $100.
to read the policy on Promotion of Non-LPGA Women Who Play Golf Events.
to read the policy on Use of Excess Chapter Funds